Phoroptor continues to be the industry standard after more than 90 years, offering world-renown mechanical quality and craftsmanship. Each Reichert Phoroptor is made of nearly 1,000 pieces. Every Phoroptor has that unmistakable feel of quality. The smooth rotation of the dials. The virtual absence of play in the mechanisms. The precise, solid click of the control knobs. Constant reminders that you’re using the world’s finest refracting instrument. It’s a fit and feel no one can duplicate, any more than they can duplicate the Phoroptor’s optical quality, accuracy and reliability.
- Lens position and power verified by an auto-indexing, PC-based lensmeter
- Precision geared rotary prism for more precise interpolation of small prism diopters
- Corrosion-resistant materials
- No plastic internal components
- Legendary feel – smoothness and positive detents that made the Phoroptor famous